Thursday, September 20, 2007

Many Milestones


Well we now completed our 1st week of home schooling! I can't believe my baby's in kindergarten already! And not only did he start school last week but he lost his first tooth! He was so very excited. It happened on the way home from the beach as he was eating a breakfast cookie (I knew he had a loose tooth- but I thought it had quite some time before it fell out) so he started to chew when all of a sudden he bit down on something hard which he said he thought was a nut so he spit it out. It was then that he realized he lost his first tooth which was now somewhere in the back seat. With shouts of hurray and, "Praise the Lord, this is such a blessing!" coming from the back seat and a huge grin, I snapped a pic and hopped in the back to search for the tooth. (yes I did find it!) Later that night we told Braet that he could put the tooth under his pillow and mommy & daddy would bring him something special in exchange for his tooth. The next morning he proudly presented his goodie bag and said, Thanks Mom, I really like what you and Dad gave me. What a fun mile stone to celebrate together!

School has been going well. I am so pleased with what he is learning and our interactions thus far. We have had a few "Are we going to do school every day?" or "Are we done yet?" But all in all it is going great! We are both working on doing whatever we do for God's glory (even school & laundry =) and of course patience.

A few weeks before school started we told Braet that once he learned all his letters and their sounds we would take him to Toys R Us and let him pick out a special prize. Well with a little hard work and some help from the Leap Frog DVD (FYI, those are great!) that trip was last night!! The prize was a light saber (I'm sure you could have guessed that!) -those new ones that light up and spring out. His next goal is counting to 100. Oh yeah and you can pray for us with handwriting, by far his least fav!

This morning before school Braet grabbed some water and stuck an orange silly straw into the cup, I called him to the tabel and then noticed the teary eyes.The orange straw had reminded him of his brother. "What is it buddy," I asked? "Micah, Micah, I miss my Micah. I want to go to him right now." The ABC were put on hold as Braet climbed into my lap and CC into his! What a time we were able to have together recalling the fun the things the boys had done together, reminding Braet what a good big brother he was to Micah and how the Lord has each one of Braeton's days numbered too and for now he has things for Braet to accomplish, one day soon we will go to him too. Let's live for Jesus, Braet, run the race. It was good to be together. We prayed, we cried, we thanked God that Micah isn't in any pain anymore and asked for comfort for our hearts. "Blessed our those who mourn for they shall be comforted" It was more than academics this morning. A tender moment, I am thankful to have had.

What a gift we have as parents that the Lord would bless each of us with such tender moments of our children touching our hearts and us touching theirs. I so want to continue to be on the lookout for ways to enter my little boys world. I know the days can be crazy but truly our children are gifts from the Lord.Oh to seize the moments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! You don't know me! I found your blog through a PICU nurse at Children's who was both our son's nurse. Knowing we both share the same faith, she thought I might like to read your blog. I've been following since the summer. I grieved as I read Micah had passed. I am SO sorry. Your words have brought so much life even from your tremendous loss. Thanks for sharing such a real, amazing faith. We are all still caring for your family (and I don't even know you personally! But I care).
My son Gabe's carepage is: GabesSpecialPlace at www.carepages.com
Thank you again for being such a witness to so many people. I wish I could've known Micah! He seems like the coolest little guy!
Love,
Rachel Marini (New Market, MD!)

Kate said...

cute picture!!!
thats so exciting that your homeschooling =) I'm praying for you and I can't wait to see you again! love ya'll