Monday, February 4, 2008

We've Moved!

We've moved out! And I know you are all wondering......but still no word on the house yet. Hope to hear soon (as always =) and seeking to wait patiently for the Lord's perfect time, place and plan. . Our Care Group guys helped to move us in on a rainy, cold Tuesday night. Thanks so much, never could have done it without you. Everyone worked so hard, we had help cleaning and moving. I'd like to say that everything went smooth yet it is more appropriate to say there was much grace for us. It seems like we are ever needing to grow in patience! So we've been moving since about Sept. and we were totally ready to be done. And done we were about about 1 in the morning, after the toilet flooding, clean-up, trips to the storage unit, more clean up, patching holes, more cleaning, tears as I a walked through the empty rooms remembering such fond times and finally jump starting the van battery which had died due to leaving the doors open too long as we loaded up.

We are both settling into wonderful basement appts with great families. My Mom and Dad are at Dan & Terri Kovlak's and Luke & I are at Joe & Jeanette Albergo's. Mom and dad's place has a mini kitchen so they are enjoying life with the Kovlaks, who have taken all of us in as family! And Luke and I are looking forward to spending time with Joe & Jeanette. If you would pray for Jeanette as well, she has cancer and has finished the standard chemo treatment but has had to continue treatment due to the nature of this cancer.

Just wanted you to know our home # is set up at our appt and of course we have our cell phones. Anyway I think that is about it. Thanks for your prayer on this house thing and for our family and of course every one's help. So appreciate it!!!Oh yeah, before I go, two great things that happened on Tuesday the 29th, Luke's Mom, Rita, celebrated her birthday and my Dad, celebrated 7 years. Tues the 29th marked dad's 7th year since his brain surgery. How grateful we are to have you both!





Pics from Dinner with the Kovlak's




1 comment:

KK said...

I'm glad you are enjoying time with my parents! I know they are excited to have your family! I will be praying for your friend Jeanette. By the way I love CC's eyes...they are gorgeous!
Karen Kovlak Locker