Tuesday, September 16, 2008

On the Farm...

Fun at Granny Joyce & Papa Joe's


This week we are in York, Sc; the town I was born in- visiting dear friends actually we call them family. Luke is off to the Keys for work so he drove the kids and I down on Sat (Miss you Love) . My parents meet Joe & Joyce when my dad first pastored here in the early 80's and well we've loved them every since. SC is a special place to us, my grandparents lived here for a number of years and many special friends from Cornerstone (the church here) are still here. I got to visit the church this past Sunday and Mom and Dad, those that are still there from when daddy pastored were still singing your praises. Oh how they love and miss you guys! Thanks for investing so much.

What special memories SC holds for me, it is such a nice place to come back to. Thanks Joe & Joyce for your southern hospitality. I love sitting on the porch sipping ice tea, eating yummy pies and visiting with old friends.

We also got to meet lil Micah. Joe & Joyce nephew Brian and his lovely wife Kimberly named their lil boy in after our lil man. What an honor! How it has blessed us. The kiddos have loved playing with him this week, just hearing his name, giving him nicknames, tickling and squeezing him! What a blessing especially for my Braeton. Brian and Kimberly thank so much! Can't tell you how much it means. May the Lord continue to bless you and that lil man!!

All week long it has been a field trip!! The kids have tremendously enjoyed their time. Last night I asked Braet what were some of his favorites things this week, to which he replied," Fishing, eating oatmeal cream cookies (who knew) and having an indoor picnic with Micah & Cianne on a rainy day. CC on the other hand has loved the barn and the Popsicles! Each morning when she wakes up she wants to go to the barn, see the doggies and eat a Popsicle.

Here are some pics from our time~


Braet Drawing under the tree

Braet's drawing of a Billy Goat

Fishing w/ Dadda!

Braet & Baby Micah chillin in the hammock

Baby Micah
My toothless boy!
CC
Granny's Flowers

Braet caught a fish- Don't worry, "No fish were hurt in the making of this photo"
Swinging!
My city boy trying to feed a goat
flowers of the fields

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to come too! What fun pictures...so thankful for the
gift of friends and family.
Love you all, mom

eva said...

I love these pics! The flowers look so beautiful and the kids are gorgeous too!
Hope you're having fun!
Love,
Eva