Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mikey's B-day







There were no posts on my lil mans b-day this year (April 28) but that didn't mean we didn't celebrate =) We sought to have a grand day, first is started with one of Micah's favs, doughnuts and chocolate milk (another fav breakfast for him was Kashi- I know can you believe it!- but we figured we'd go with doughnuts for Braet & CC this year). The day was filled with many ups and downs. I'm not really sure what I was anticipating, but I found that this years B-day celebration was much harder than last years. We wanted the time to be filled with memories of our boy, doing fun things that he loved and anticipating a time yet to come.
Yet one of the highlights was the end of the evening, each year we purchase the kiddos a small gift for Micah's B-day and this year we were able to do something extra special.... we gave them a bag with an orange doggie toy. That's right for their new doggie, we told the kids we would soon be purchasing them a puppy. We'd been contemplating this decision for a while, Mikes loved dogs, Brandon loves dogs and Braet & Cianne have been asking for one for quite sometime. Another reason this was so special was that it was from Micah- or rather Micah's college fund that his great grandma had started for him (Thanks so much, grandma!). Over the last year we used a portion of this money to buy a special blanket for Braeton (one with pics of him and Micah on it) and now we were able to use the remainder of Mikes fund to again bless the children in a way that we could not afford to have done.
So just a few weeks ago we welcomed the newest addition to the Davis fam, our Wheaten Terrier puppy, named Mator. From you guessed it Cars- Mikes all time fav movie!
Mikes, thanks for all the laughs, smiles, hugs, bravery, tears and love- you still inspire us! Your family longs to be with you again!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Dear Kriscinda,
It didn't register with me until just now when I read this post that Micah and my baby Gabriel have the same birthday. Gabriel turned one this April 28th. I was praying for you guys this morning. Gabriel was dedicated at the second service at church, and the first song we sang was "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord" which always, always makes me think of Micah, of your faithful trust in the Lord through struggles I can't even fathom. Know that Micah lives on in the hearts of countless people, even those of us who only knew him a little bit.
Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Can't believe how grown up the kiddos are! They are precious as always. I think of you guys all the time! I miss you! And I've been thinking about Micah man lots lately, as his anniversary of going home approaches. Crazy how the time flies. Enjoy your new pup! I know Mikes is looking down and loving all of it! Prayers and hugs always. Love, Susan T.