Thursday, February 23, 2006

Our Faithful God

Yesterday morning as I watched Luke get Micah dressed to go to the hospital for his second round of chemo my heart became increasingly sad as I anticipated what the next few weeks might hold for our little man. It was then that I was reminded of grace for the day and went to find a faithful friend to help speak truth to my troubled heart... Christ our Mediator (a wonderful little book by CJ Mahaney), chapter 4, my favorite- "The Garden of Gethsemane" speaks of Christ and his immense suffering as he willingly bore the full wrath of God alone for all my sin. He took my cup of wrath and drained it dry so that I can be forgiven and we will never be alone. What a reminder to me...even when we aren't near to Micah, our faithful God is with him and in this my heart can be glad . Jesus loves the little children. What comfort that He who has suffered more than I will ever know is the one who holds us and intercedes for us.

Micah is back in the hospital and has a room which he can see the helicopters from once again =) We were a little nervous about how he would react once he saw where he was but Luke said that he saw the balloons and Cookie Monster on the wall and got excited! Imagine that!! They have been going on walks, watching lots of Baby Einstein and coloring.

Thank you for your constant care, comfort and faithful prayers for our family!! Luke & Kriscinda, Braet, Micah and lil sis

Specific Prayers:

* Micah Man- That the chemo drugs would kill the bad stuff and have minimal side affects (thank the Lord this is what Micah has mainly been experiencing) also that he would get no mouth sores. He also has an MRI scheduled after this round of chemo and would as always covet your continued prayers for this event.

*Also Micah is not eating or drinking well we are not sure exactly why - if he has a bad metallic (caused by the meds) taste in his mouth or if he just doesn't feel so well. And when he does it is nothing but cheese stuff! But prayer that he will eat and drink well.

* That Luke & I would continue to fight for a mind stayed on the Lord and joy as we take care of Micah in the hard times. Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you

No comments: