Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Micah Update


As I think about how you have been so faithful to care for our family through prayers, notes, and "just being there", I am filled with gratitude and am well aware of God's personal love for us. Thank you so much!

Kriscinda and I recently had to go through the toughest decision making processes of our lives - whether or not we should pursue radiation for our son Micah. After praying, talking it through with each other, discussing with doctors, friends, and family, we have decided not to put Micah through radiation. The decision I think was hardest for me, partly because according to the doctors radiation was the last tool they had in the bag for Micah's treatment. I was unwilling to let go - it has been a big lesson in completely depending on the Lord for strength.

Kriscinda and I are filled with a wide range of emotions as we walk through this season of unknowns, from the sorrow of knowing your little guy has a life threatening disease to the joys of watching him play with his little sister and big brother or jamming out on his guitar to the tune of "My God is so Great". Micah's name in Hebrew means "who is like God?" - and we know there is none as loving, as powerful, as near, or as compassionate as our God. He sent his only son to suffer in our place, receiving in himself the punishment that we deserve. His very words provide us with comfort and strength:

"Fear not for I am with you;

Be not dismayed for I am your God;

I will strengthen you, I will help you,

I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10

We continue to look for other treatments that might be available to Micah and he is currently on a list for a clinical trial that might open up in the next couple of weeks.We will keep you posted on any developments.

Many of you are already aware of this, but for those who aren't we would love to extend an open invitation to anyone who would like to come by and visit – for dinner, to go to church, or just to hang out.

Specific prayer requests:
* For Micah's healing – he who created the universe is able to do it!
* That our faith would be strengthened and that we would depend fully on God. That we would know his nearness and goodness even in times of sorrow, and even if He wills to bring his little Micah home.
* For wisdom in deciding on any clinical trials that might become available

Thanks again for your outstanding care for us.

With love,
Luke & Kriscinda, Braeton, Micah, & Cianne

No comments: