Monday, March 3, 2008

Our Life

I know I haven't written much about us lately. So I guess I am going to play catch up. In some ways I haven't really known what to say, sometimes grief seem likes is gets harder rather then easier, other times I'm in auto pilot and still we are making a "new normal" and sometimes it really seems normal.

In these last 2 months I have felt like I miss Mikes more than every before. There has been much sadness and many tears. If you would please pray that the Lord would help me to guard my heart against self pity~ as I desperately miss my little one. I see the gaps and Mikes was the filler - Braet's best friend and playmate and CC's too. And now in the Lord's perfect providence he is gone and our hearts still ache, particularly as I packed up, sifted through his clothes, looked at his toys, and spent the last few weeks in our old home where we have so many wonderful memories.... Heaven can seem such a long way off and it is easy for me to forget that in my sorrow that he is very much alive and well not so very far from here...our true home, with Jesus. Oh how the cross is grander than ever before. I think of how Jesus died to pay for my sin and one day because of the cross and my belief in him as Savior & Lord, I will be there with Him and my little boy. Is there anything grander than to think that when our time here on earth is done we will spend it with the one we were created for? All this in a perfect world of no more sin, no more death, no more tears.

The Lord has been gracious to comfort us and I am doing better right now. Luke is a huge source of grace for me. My best friend, to cry, hug and pray with. Occasionally we still receive emails or a card from someone saying they are praying and thinking of us, those notes always come at just the right time! People whom we barely know asking how they can pray for us has meant such a great deal. I never want him to be forgotten.

Our long time family friend, Roxanne, who has known, cared for and prayed for our family is making me a special quilt of Micah's clothing. I can't wait to see it and snuggle up in it as I dream of his sweet face.

Girlie does so many things like Micah, it's fun to watch. Braet is so tender and kind. He think and speaks of Micah often. Love those kiddos!!!

We have also just finalized Micah's memorial headstone, I think it will take a few months for it to be completed. But I think it is going to be beautiful and again, I just can't wait to see it. It took us a long while to complete this. Such a hard thing to work on yet we are so thankful to have completed it; I think it is going to be very special for us.

Also I must say that even though we haven't heard back from the second loan on whether they have accepted our offer or not, we love where we are living. Joe & Jeanette are such a wonderful couple. They have two grown daughters and 2 grandchildren (a 3rd on the way!). Jeanette has also been battling Small Cell Carcinoma cancer for some time and has been given a few days to a few weeks. Our hearts break for them and their family. So if you would join us in continuing to pray peace, strength and salvation for Jeanette and her entire family as they walk through this difficult time that would be wonderful.

Thanks for caring and for living life with us!

4 comments:

Jecholia said...

Praying for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

You all are always on my heart and mind. I pray for you all the time and that the Lord will give you strength each day. I pray the Lord will comfort you especially during the difficult times. We miss you all very much. Have a wonderfully, blessed day.

Love ya,
Cristina

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update! we continue to pray for you guys!

KK said...

It was so great to finally meet you and your family! Thank you for sharing an update with us. We are praying for you and your family. Hope to get to visit with you guys again!