Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Flowers in the Feild















Here's a few photos from our morning out at Butlers Orchard, I was hoping to shoot in a sunflower field but missed"sunflower season," but this worked pretty well!

A few updates on the lil ones....
Well I guess Braet isn't so lil anymore, he is starting first grade and has lost his 3rd tooth (as you can see from the pic above). He is growing so very fast. He is really enjoying the new home and meeting new friends, there are a few boys his age in the neighborhood. And, the woods have been fun for him too. In July we were able to have a really late birthday party for him (I know his b-day was in March!!!) but I had promised him a party with his friends. So that lil party was the first time we were able to use the home in such a way! A campout in the back yard, fire pit for marshmallows, treasure hunting with Dadda. It was great!! It went so well maybe next year we'll celebrate in July too!!
Cianne, my little princess, tom-boy, who loves dresses and dirt... what gifts these two are. The other week when I was putting Cianne to bed she had a song request I haven't heard before...." Sing Mikey's song, momma." I wondered what she was talking about, so I started singing Holy God ( their bedtime song) but that wasn't it, my next guess was Mike's fav, "My God is so Great" and that's what she meant. It was so precious, I think it is quickly becoming one of her favorites too. It is great to hear her sing so enthusiastically ( like her brothers) and a riot all at the same time to watch her facial expressions! Another Mikes story from Girlie, I guess Cianne has seen pics of Micah in his Mickey pjs and Braet has a pair as well, so a few nights ago after baths I had laid them out for Braet -but CC beat him to them and was insistent on wearing Micah's shirt =)
Mom always says that Micah & Cianne remind her of the story of Elijah and Elisha in the way that the Lord said if Elisha was there when he ascended the mantel of Elijah would pass on a double portion to Elijah. Well, girlie reminds us so much of Mikes at times that sometimes it is like Cianne must have received a "double Micah mantle" ~
We love these lil stories because girlie was so lil when Mikes passed that I wonder if she'll remember him, but in God's kindness, He has given us these moments.
Well this is a work weekend, Luke & the boys have been laying flooring for the last few days, just a quick break for me to post - back to work! =)



3 comments:

BeccaC said...

Aww these are some gorgeous pics..of the kids! Great to hear an update!

TK said...

I love Braet's missing tooth! ......and Cianne's energy! I sure do miss you guys! Thanks for this post, it's great to catch up with you guys!
love you!

KK said...

Awesome pics! Your kids are beautiful!