Sunday, May 25, 2008

10 Months of Heaven


Our baby has been gone from us for 10 months ~
We feel as if our feet our here and our hearts in Heaven. ~

God has been oh so gracious to give us strength and comfort our hearts. To fill us with grand thoughts of Heaven and Home. It is so very comforting to think of our lil man well and in the presence of Jesus.

Our Braet has struggled more in the last 2 weeks with missing his Micah J. These have been precious times for us where I hold him close, we pray, we sing one of Mikes favorite songs and we love to imagine what he might be doing today....like is he spending time with Grammy & Pappy or is he taking a walk with Noah and hearing the stories of old retold. These are gospel opportunities where we tell the old, old story of life changing truth of how Jesus came to earth and lived a perfect life to die on a cross and bear God's holy wrath so that those who believe in him as Saviour and Lord may not perish but have everlasting life with Him. This week Braet looked up into my eyes and said "Mommy, I will live for Jesus."

There is nothing I more I could ask for but eternity with the ones of love. This house (that is pending) is great and would truly be a blessing for our fam but our real treasure is each other and life beyond today. How we long to live for that day, our feet here and our hearts in Heaven.
Thanks for your continued care, your prayers as so meaningful. Can't tell you how much it blesses us when you communicate your prayers and thoughts for us. Thanks for the cards~
Love Ya

I know I've shared this poem before but it has been a while and I'd love to share it again. Josh Tucker wrote this for our boy.
The day is here; I am finally home
He wipes away all tears; I am finally home
The perfect dawn, the perfect light
I can see His face, what a wondrous sight
He has a place built just for me
Out from the curse I've been set free
I never could have imagined the splendors of this place
Nor the depths of love, divine, as I gaze upon His face
And I hear all voices crying, in unison, as one
"Glory to the Father, the Spirit, and the Son!"
And through the crowds all shouting, one man beckons me
I draw a little closer, and see the one who set me free
He welcomes me to Heaven, a smile upon His face
He whispers in my ear, "You've yet to see this place."
He shows me many splendors, and wonders that lie in store
He completely satisfies me, I could never ask for more
Yet every time I'm sure that we've just reached the end,
He surpasses expectations as He leads around the bend
This is the place I was meant to be
This is the place He prepared for meAnd now the day has come, and I am finally home
I'm cuddled in His loving arms, and I know that this is home.


6 comments:

TK said...

TY for this post! love the photos and it's good to remember :)
love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing!!! I love you friend! Always praying for you guys!
Love
Danielle

Anonymous said...

I think of your family often. I miss Micah too, even though I only knew him from your words.

God bless you.

KK said...

It's so nice to see those pics of Micah. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Although I didn't know Micah well, I will never forget him. He touched countless lives and everyone he touched will always remember your little man with joy for the life he lived and the eternity he is now enjoying with Jesus, and with sadness for all of those who love and miss him.

Love,
Amy Hansen

Unknown said...

hi kriscinda

thank you for sharing and for always teaching me about the gospel.your post made me tear up. your children are so blessed by the Lord to have you & Luke as their parents.
just wanted to let you know we had a baby boy in Apr & we named him Micah (in memory of your boy).
from one of Micah's ICU nurse
Angie