Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Prayer for the Lowes

On Monday, our friend Matt Lowe underwent brain surgery at JH to remove a tumor. He and his wife Helen have 5 children with one on the way. This couple is very near and dear to our hearts. We have been praying for peace and strength, knowing that our faithful God is ever with us to carry and comfort us.


Update from Helen's Blog

Things have quieted down up here and I have a spare moment. Matt did very well during the surgery. He spent last night in ICU and is now in a regular room. There have been some serious praises in the last few days. The peace we have been experiencing can only be from the Lord. Matt did not have a seizure after surgery which is a huge blessing. He is very alert and even trying to care for me during this time....amazing. He has had difficulty moving his left side. I just saw him pick up his left leg so this appears to be getting better. He also just asked for coffee, so you know he must be doing well! :)The surgeon was clear that he was not able to get all of the tumor out, so we are not over this whole ordeal...but for now we are focusing on him recovering and praising God for His many mercies to us. As I look around this hospital and see so many hurting and suffering..it makes me even more grateful for the hope that we have in Christ. I can't imagine walking through this without our Savior and so many dear family and friends who are praying for us and helping to carry us through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be keeping them in my prayers!