Monday, July 7, 2008

Busy Summer Days

Well were in...kinda Its hard to know where to begin... We moved most of our things to the new home. I really wanted to finish all the painting and modifications before we moved in but running back and forth proved to be too difficult for the family. Just too many late nights that way and then we weren't able to keep up with either place! So we have a few things left at the appt. The kiddos rooms are pretty much set up just a few accessories so they can get a lil more settled and then we hope to move the rest of our things. We have had a ton of help from friends, which has made a huge difference.

My poor girlie has been a bit confused about where we live and Braet says we move alot =) (I guess the 2 moves have been a little crazy). Even though there is lots of work to be done- we are so very excited to be here. What a blessing this home is!

I truly look forward to having our home set up yet I am trying not to wish away this construction, painting, wall paper removing, and moving phase. Well maybe the wall paper removal!!

Braet went to "summer camp" the other week at church, better known as Summer Celebration. It was great! CC loved it too, we stayed for the singing some mornings. During the week they had a lessons about forgiveness, boy did the Lord use it to prepare his heart for later that day when Cianne destroyed his prize possession- his lego creation.

Well it has certainly been a whirlwind around here not exactly the relaxing summer I anticipated but just what the Lord has planned for us. I still can't believe we actuatally own this home after waiting for 6 months- it hasn't quite settled in!

I have 3 prayer requests today
1) for Rita, Luke's wonderful mom. She has been heroically battle Multiple Myeloma cancer for the last 8 years, they are in the process of switching her medicine. Please pray for her health, strength, peace and that the new meds would work well.
2) my mom, she is having her hysterectomy tomorrow at Holy Cross~ for a quick recovery and and that this surgery will be just the tune up she needed
3) for our new little one~ We are expecting! I am 12 weeks along and we are thrilled at the thought of welcoming a lil one into our home. If you would pray for peace and a healthy lil one =) Thanks!!

~ I'll send pics soon- I know they are the best part!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like a busy summer! Congrats on the little one! I'll be praying for you!

Cooper Family said...

We are a part of the SG church in Knoxville, TN. I grew up attending CLC and have been reading your blog for the past year - ever since my long time friend Heather Castro gave me the link. I have been praying for you and your family.


Congrats on the expected arrival or your new baby! I will be praying for you.

D.M. said...

Congratulations on the news of your new little blessing! We'll be keeping you in our prayers!

The Marini's said...

Congratulations! So happy for you!! Praying for a healthy easy pregnancy :)

The Heitlands said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope that you survived your first trimester w/out too much yuckiness. I miss your smiling face and fun conversation.
Love,
Lori