Monday, July 28, 2008

Fun Times

How we Celebrated...
With some of Mikey's Fav Things

Thursday night my Luke came home from work, we had decided to get cheese pizza and watch Cars. Well Dad treated us to pizza and then came dessert... brownies and rootbeer. Mikey loved his "robeer"- rootbeer and "pesii"- pepsi. So we junked out with Mikes favs and sang songs as the movie played, I think we could quote the movie line by line. Then off to a late bed, with of course story time, more songs and prayers. That night Braet led us in a loud, long version of "My God is So Great" and then he prayed. What precious time to hear as he poured his heart out to Jesus, thanking him for his brother and for Heaven, "that Micah is no longer sick, has no more tears and will live forever." I love those two lil peanuts!!!

The next morning was Fri the 25th, Luke was able to take of work and be with us~ what a blessing! We still woke up early and he spent the morning reading to me from a wonderful book entitled "From Grief to Glory" and by the time the kiddos got up Dadda had already slipped out to the store and gotten more favs doughnuts and Chocolate Milk (a staple for Mikes). Later was a picnic of Happy Meals-- yes, yes another fav- at Black Hills. This park is special to us because it was the one of the last places where our boy was well. Even though there were many tears the days were wonderful remembering memories and recounting God's faithfulness. We grieve with great hope~ Later that day Luke surprised me by taking me away for the weekend (he told me Thurs so I could pack- thanks Joe for all the help!!!- you guys got me). Mom & Dad and Mark & Jenny watch the lil ones, thanks guys!!! He took my by the grave site and then we headed to Annapolis. We were able to relax and then check out Main Street, tour a garden and our CG even blessed us with a goodie bag and special notes of encouragement for our trip! It was a wonderful time to be together.

Love, I am so grateful for you. You are a such a wonderful Dadda, thanks for the way you lead & love us! Also thanks for all the surprises they were such a fun treat, especially this past weekend!

A few pics from the park-







3 comments:

eva said...

so cute! Looks like fun! I'm so glad you all got to get away. May the Lord continue to strengthen you as you turn to him. Love ya!
-Eva

TK said...

I love girlies hair! tell the kiddos i miss them!

KK said...

Your kids are gorgeous! I can't believe how big Cianne is!