Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Each Day a Gift

Our Baby






Thanks for your prayers the days have been hard, yet we are loving on our boy and so enjoy the special moments together. Micah continues to sleep longer, his drinking is slowing down a little which is a good thing. He is not seeing well and rarely gets down off the couch. He has been pretty pleasant and calls for each one in the fam, just likes to know we are all near. Last week Braet had the opportunity to go to a friends but said, "No, Micah might call for me." And he was right, Micah did call for his Braet, Braet. Braet is kind brother and comes to sit by him or tell Mikes, "Braet, Braet is here."
The waiting and watching Mikes go down is a hard thing. However I was so thankful for Pete Greasley's email to us, reminding me that God is with Micah, giving him grace and comfort, which is very evident by his cheerful and meek heart. Whenever I take our little man a cup of water he responds with his "sweet" voice , "Thanks Momma!" It is such an honor to be home with our little man and serve him in these small ways. He is still eating small amounts of chicken nuggets and cheese pizza. Of course drinking water, rootbeer and chocolate milk.
Luke and I are being refreshed and drawing strength from all the prayers, our times alone in scripture, good books (we are currently reading From Grief to Glory ), prayer, your encouragements, our fam, friends, pastors and each other.

So appreciate your prayers, your standing with us~

Psalms 142
142:1 With my voice I cry out to the Lord; with my voice I plead for mercy to the Lord...I tell my trouble before him...3 When my spirit faints within me,you know my way!...5 I cry to you, O Lord; I say, “You are my refuge,my portion in the land of the living.”6 Attend to my cry,for I am brought very low!Help me..that I may give thanks to your name!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Luke and Kriscinda,

Each day I have been praying for your family. To be comforted and at peace with God's plan.

I marvel at your testimony. When others complain, you rejoice; when others dispair, you have hope; throughout you praise God.

You have revelled in the blessing of having Micah as your child.

Ephesians 3:16-19 I pray that, according to the riches of his glory, he may grant that you may be strengthened in your inner being with power through his Spirit, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, as you are being rooted and grounded in love. I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Doug

Anonymous said...

these pictures are soo precious thanks for posting them and we continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers

Anonymous said...

your family is in my thoughts and prayers.