Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Joy in the Journey

Tonight was one such night of Joy in this journey. I wish I could remember every moment and relish it deeply again and again. Tonight Bob (one of our pastors) & Julie Kauflin, Brittney and McKenzie came to our home~ bringing gifts, balloons, bubbles and a beautiful pictogram that Brit made (she's a wonderful photographer and of course I cried seeing this thoughtful gift!) and that was just the beginning~ we visited and then prayer, worship, encouragement, more prayer more encouragement.... Bob led our family in songs of praise:
My Hope is Built on Nothing Less,
It is Well with My Soul,
He's Always Been Faithful
God Moves
reminding us of God's faithfulness, strength, help, hope... it was a wonderfully encouraging time for our hearts. And then at just the right moment Mikes sat up clapped his hands and said Yeah! What a time of refreshing!

How kind of the Lord to provide this time for us in the midst of such sadness and struggle. Our hearts our full. We have been greatly helped this night as we have many other nights through many different people and many different means. Our fam, friends, this church! Thanks be to God for his Church, how we love its local expression! We are being cared for so marvelously here. And then the church at large..the prayer, the help, the strength. Oh how grateful we are, we have been so greatly helped. Thanks for walking this journey with us. Much Love

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; Great is you Faithfulness...The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him" Lamentations 3:22-23, 25

2 comments:

TK said...

Oh I love those songs too! Awe and Mikes perking up to say "YEAH!" I know you don't know me, but I am praying along with tons of others. I have sent your prayer request to everyone I know. How joyful everyone is to lift your family up to God! I am so encoraged by Braet's love and care for his little brother! Thanks for the post and mostly thanks for your encouragement and joy. I want to be just like YOU all!
ps..I Love Micah's orange crocks!

Anonymous said...

i was reading in my quiet time the other day Psalm 9:9-10 and I thought of you. What a wonderful promise! Praying for you... God bless!