Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers Day


Pic Above is from May 2006





Happy Father's Day, my Love!
You are a truly a great man! For those of you who know my Luke, you have observed his tender care for his family. It takes only a few moments to realize Luke's just a big kid himself and there are few things he loves as much as romping with his kiddos.
Baby, there are many examples of your care for each of us... like Slurpee dates and mid-night bottle feeds, the list could be very long but one of my favorite memories is those many nights at the hospital, where you'd climb up in Micah's metal crib to cuddle him and bring comfort. The nurses were smitten with both of you and for good reason! You, have cared for us well! But in this last year and half I must say you have excelled. We are a stronger family because of your leadership. Your love for each of us has shone brighter through your care and the way you continually and joyfully serve us. We love you so!! Thanks Baby!

Psalm 62:1-8 For God alone my soul waits in silence;from him comes my salvation. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation,fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,for my hope is from him.6 He only is my rock and my salvation,my fortress; I shall not be shaken. 7 On God rests my salvation and my glory;mighty rock, my refuge is God. 8 Trust in him at all times, O people;pour out your heart before him;God is a refuge for us.
Update on Mikes:
Our little man is has been peaceful and comfy. Lately he has started to run fevers, he also has thrush in his mouth so he isn't eating. Thankfully he is drinking chocolate milk so I've been able to add protein powder to that. He is even wanting us to hold him which has been wonderful, especially since he wasn't really wanting to be held. We love just sitting and holding our baby. We've also been reading and singing to him (a few weeks ago he wasn't really wanting that either). Each day is different, yet there is peace even in our sadness. Thanks for praying for us. Shall we ever know the depth of what your prayer have wrought?! Someday we shall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! we are praying for you! God bless you!