Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Enjoying the Days

Still enjoying the days. Not much has changed since our last post. Micah is still sleeping lots and having small burst of energy. Although I think was his getting his day and night a little mixed for a few days. Sat & Sun night he was up a good portion of the night, party 12 am, 2 am, 3am, 4am =) Luke and I woke up to, "Hi Momma, Hi Dadda!" Mikes was standing up in his pack & play (Totally converted pack & Play I might add, we cut the entire side out so that we could hold his hand while he goes to sleep, something he loves) which is beside our bed, it was very apparent he wasn't ready for sleep. He likes to play the drums so he played them on us for a little while- boom, tat, boom, boom, tat. Snuggled in our bed for a while, then back to his to watch Cars at 2 am. =)
Yesterday and today his is sleeping a bit more. He seems like he has needed more of his meds (we had been able to cut back quite a bit) to control his vomiting and headaches.
Please pray for us during this season of "waiting." It can be hard to know how to care for Micah and the other kids. We put everything on hold a few weeks ago, wondering if we'd enjoy another day and now he seems much better than 2 weeks ago. Thanks for your prayers! He walks around and plays a little and is eating okay. His nausea meds are keeping his vomiting to a minimum. We have pretty much been at home except for the occasional trip to get Happy Meals or pizza. Micah isn't wanting to go for walks or rides in the car like he used to but recently we have enjoyed coloring again together.
Luke is starting to do some work from home again and Braet's getting to visit with some friends more. We are learning to try and be strategic and purposeful with our time as we care for our kiddos and each other.
Thanks again for your care for us. The meals have been so helpful and tasty.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and a good thing never dies."

Ps 40:1-3
40:1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the Lord.





3 comments:

jajbs said...

Hi! I don't remember how I found your blog a few weeks ago, but I am glad I did. Your family is in my prayers. Your attitude and hope in the Lord is an inspiration to me. Your family is precious.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

praying!!!! your family truly is a great example! rest in God's grace

Anonymous said...

Hi Davis and Miller family,

Words are inadequate but I wanted you to know how often you all are in our thoughts and prayers. May He continue to uplift you with His mighty right arm and may you continue to cling to Him and receive the grace and mercy you all are walking in. He is close to the broken hearted (Psalm 34:18)and He is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble.
(Nahum 1:7)

Fondly,
Wayne and Margie