Thursday, August 23, 2007

Crocs at Childrens

Lots of Crocs!!

The Davis Fam with "Aunt" Katie! Katie works at Children's as the Volunteer Coordinator and we love her so!! A Huge Thanks to All of Volunteer Services and your wonderful team. You Guys are wonderful!!!
The Davis Fam with Micah's doctor, Brian Rood. We have so appreciated this man and his team!


All tuckered out!

Yesterday we had the privilege to go to Children’s Hospital and give them the Crocs! Thanks so much for donating those. We tallied that there was over $800.00 in Crocs given! How meaningful it was for Luke & I to give something away that Micah loved so much. For those of you who don't know, our baby even slept in his crocs on occasion and wouldn't wear any other shoes, rain or shine. Fall, winter, spring & summer, those were his shoes! He loved his orange crocs! Thanks so much for your generosity once again and for blessing us in such a way, it was a special time!

4 comments:

TK said...

how sweet! what a blessing your family is to others! i just bought orange crocs for my grandson and i also got him an eddie for christmas! i know why micah loved eddie, he's so soft!
blessings to you all,
terri

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! When I found out that my heroes, the Davis family, were at CNMC, and I missed them, I was very upset! A few team members were supposed to call me to tell me you were here, but I only heard you came once you had left. I wanted to meet you all and thank you for your wonderful posts, tell you how much I respect and admire your family, even though Mikes went on hospice right after I started at CNMC. I still kept tabs on you guys through my close friend and coworker Susan, and we often talked of how beautiful your family is.

After your visit, our art therapist, Kathleen, said to me, "That Davis family sure is adorable".

I do hope one day to meet you all and give you big hugs.

Erica Goldblatt,
Neuro-Onc Social Worker

Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way, the children LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the crocs. Feet became hot tamales yesterday!

Erica

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family you are. You all are a perfect example of angels among us. What a way to celebrate Micah. You truly are exceptional people!