Wednesday, August 8, 2007

M & M's

Our baby has been in Heaven for 2 weeks now~ is there even time there?! I can't even imagine his joy! We remember him each day..with joy and sadness (just because we miss him so). We love eating M & M's, we call them Micah Moments here at the Davis'~ he loved them and so do we!! We eat them and share stories about our Mikes!
Thanks for your prayers for us. Many of you have asked about Braet and we want you to know he is doing well. We see God's grace all over his lil life, so thankful for him! He is appropriately sad and appropriately glad. Heaven has become grand in his sight and longs all the more to live for the Lord and one day be reunited with his belly buddy!

The cards, oh the cards.... they have been wonderful, pouring in each day, wonderfully uplifting! Thank You. The meals, ladies are fabulous, so very helpful! Covenant Life, you are the real deal! Thank you for your tireless service to us. People are amazed at the way you serve. What a testimony of the gospel!! Love you guys!
For those of you who weren't able to be with us Sat or had wanted to hear what my baby shared again. Here is Luke's tribute to Mikes from the memorial service.
Enjoy some M & M's this week! =)

OUR MICAH MAN
On behalf of Kriscinda & I we would like to thank you so much for coming, for sharing in our lives, for journeying with us. Your prayers, emails, cards, phone calls, meals, and the list could go on…have meant so much. You have comforted, encouraged and touched our lives more than you will ever know.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 says, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction."

What comfort, hope and promise we have that our Micah Man is with our Lord where he is experiencing fullness of joy and pleasures forevermore. Though we have loved and cherished him beyond words – our love cannot compare with the one who made him fearfully and wonderfully, the one who willingly laid down his life to make a way for Micah and all of us to be in our true home – living life as He intended it to be.

We have been blessed to have known Micah these three years and have truly come to know that each day is a gift from above. How can we describe or express the amount of joy Micah has brought us? We have been recalling special memories we have of our little one – he would wake up each morning full of joy greeting us with such enthusiasm "Good morning Momma! - Good morning Dadda!" Even when he was truly not feeling well he would do his best to put on his "Cheerful Cheeks". He would point to his cute little cheeks and give his best smile. Many times we would walk into his room late at night just to check on him and when he heard the door open he would pop up in his crib to greet us, smiling and giggling to our delight.We'd hug him and kiss him then lay him back down and he would fall pleasantly back to sleep.

Micah has made a huge impact on our lives, changing them forever. Micah's name means "Who is like God?" Little did we know that when we chose this name for our son, that he would soon be teaching us that there is no one like our God. His ways are so much higher than our ways, his purposes so much greater.

Everywhere we look, we see the marks of his little fingerprints. The effects are far reaching, from the moment he entered this world to this very day and for the rest of our lives. He's taught us how precious life is. He's taught us how fragile and weak we really are – and how strong and mighty our God is. Through him, God has strengthened our faith by taking away everything we would lean on – so that we would lean on him. We've had to trust in God, to press down and find that God is really there, that his promises are true. Promises like: "I will never leave you nor forsake you" "Fear not for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am you God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

It's been said of a grieving parent that one foot is here on earth and the other in heaven. We have never longed for heaven more – never longed for the presence of our Father more – never rejoiced so much over our forgiven sins – never worshiped our God with a greater passion.

Micah, we have a greater picture of heaven and a greater love for God because of you buddy.

Though we don't understand all of the why's of what has happened, we are assured that God is faithful and all things work together for our good. Though we grieve because the deep love we have for Micah – we cannot be sad for him for we know he is truly happy.

One of the last things he said to us in his sweet little voice was "I wuv you momma – I wuv you dadda" We love you too sweet Micah. Although you will not return to us, we will soon go to you. We long for the day when we can once again shower you with our love.

9 comments:

TK said...

what a wonderful tribute!

Anonymous said...

What a truly amazing family you are! I have been following your blog over the past couple months and have admired your lives, your faith, your love...an admiration that in turn has impacted my life in a huge way! As a mother of three I can only pray that my life and my love would come close to what you have showed...you are truly an inspiration! I pray for you regularly and ask that peace would overflow in your lives! Shar (Lancaster PA)

Anonymous said...

wow I can't believe its already been 2 weeks!!!! I am so glad to hear the Braet is doing good...and from now on everytime I eat M&Ms I will think of little Micah man. what a wonderful tribute. you continue to be in my prayers.
Becca

jajbs said...

You are truly an amazing family! Thank you for sharing this. It has touched my heart and made me think about some things. I read your blog daily and want to say thanks for touching my life!

Amanda

JeanMac said...

I will think of you and your family often for our son,Mark,married a young lady "MiHwa" in FEb07 They are referred to as M&M and sign all their cards, etc. M&M - a small thing but a loving reminder of your son and family when I see it.Thinking of you.

Will and Alycia Irish said...

Davis Family,

I just want you to know I've been watching your lives through this blog and have been affected many times to see how you have pressed into God through this intense trial and loss. In fact, this past week in care group, our leader had us write down people that we were grateful for and you all were the first to come to mind. Because of God's grace in you, I can look at your example through this trial and suffering and say: "I know my God is faithful and He is and will be near in times of suffering in my own life". THANK YOU for bringing so much glory to our Lord and for modeling His grace as you've trusted in Him.

In His Grace,
Alycia Groveman

Brittney said...

wow. That was so beautiful, so touching! My prayers are with you during this time. Micah was such a precious little man!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for you all. Had an M&M blizzard this week!

Anonymous said...

Luke and Kriscinda,
You have incredible faith in God, through fierce storms and quiet waters. As i read your blog, I was really touched. Touched in a way were I was really sad, but very very joyful at the end. Just to let you know, whenever i think of faith being tested by fire, I will definitely be thinking of both of you and your familiy.
You guys are awsome,
Mark Novicio