Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Finally Home

Finally Home
The day is here; I am finally home
He wipes away all tears; I am finally home
The perfect dawn, the perfect light
I can see His face, what a wondrous sight
He has a place built just for me
Out from the curse I've been set free
I never could have imagined the splendors of this place
Nor the depths of love, divine, as I gaze upon His face
And I hear all voices crying, in unison, as one
"Glory to the Father, the Spirit, and the Son!"
And through the crowds all shouting, one man beckons me
I draw a little closer, and see the one who set me free
He welcomes me to Heaven, a smile upon His face
He whispers in my ear, "You've yet to see this place."
He shows me many splendors, and wonders that lie in store
He completely satisfies me, I could never ask for more
Yet every time I'm sure that we've just reached the end,
He surpasses expectations as He leads around the bend
This is the place I was meant to be
This is the place He prepared for me
And now the day has come, and I am finally home
I'm cuddled in His loving arms, and I know that this is home.

By Josh Tucker (Micah's Chocolate milk Buddy) in honor of Micah


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know that I have been praying for your family ever since I found your blog last week. I am a member of Covenant Fellowship church in PA. I have shed tears looking at the photos of your sweet family. I am so sorry for your loss and yet amazed by your faith. Your story has made me cherish my 3 children more this day. I will continue to pray for you & trust God's peace will be ever present in your time of sorrow.

Kelley Murphy said...

The Murphys are praying and grieving with you. We love and respect you.